Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Its Been Awhile

Its been awhile since I updated my blog, but now I am using it for a new purpose. I hear about all these people blogging about trying to get their ass in shape and well I am going to give it a whirl. For those who knew me back in the day (college), I really could have given two craps about what I looked like or how I felt (usually hungover is how I felt), but now I am starting to get a little bit more worried about things like that. Maybe it is because I am getting older, or maybe just worried about trying to lose weight when I am 40. So I am going to give this thing a full go for the next couple of months and see what happens. I have been actually doing okay since college (I am still down about 40 pounds since I left the grand old UW-Stout), but want to kick it into high gear and do something I haven't since 10th grade, be below 200 lbs. I am at 235 right now, so 35 pounds is my goal.

You may ask, well how in the hell is he going to accomplish this. Well, here are the steps I am going to take:

1. Eat/Drink better period - I think this is the hardest part, cause lets face it, pizza and burgers are awesome. Beer is also a great thing and I do enjoy a few libations once in awhile. I am going to try this in moderation thing, I get one meal during the week to eat something awesome, but the rest of the week I gots to be good. also, I have stopped drinking pop (unless mixed with booze :) ) which for those of you that knew me before is a pretty big step. I actually havent had a pop at work in over 2 weeks.

2. Workin Out - I have been doing a lot of this lately, but need to step it up. I recently downloaded P90x and am going to try and see how that goes. I also have been running during lunch at the gym at work. Going to try and step that up a little in terms of time/calories burnt while working out.

3. Update this blog - Making myself a little bit accountable for the things I am doing, so far no one has been aware of things I am doing except for me, so consider yourself my judge/jury.

I plan on updating this thing once a week at least with totals and things I have been up to. I will say that the Packers being in the Super Bowl this weekend is going to make things difficult, but there is always going to be something. Here goes nothing!

1 comment:

  1. I look foward to your accountability through your blog. You should consider signing up for a half marathon or a 10K. It gives more motivation when you don't feel like running. Becuase you don't want to fail at a 10K. I run or workout every day over my lunch break as well. It's become a habit that i can't do without. I feel crappy if i don't get a workout in. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete