Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Music Videos

So remember when MTV was awesome and actually had Music Videos on instead of crappy reality TV shows that feature the stupidest people they can find crammed into a shitty house near a bunch of bars so they can video tape them getting drunk and acting stupid?



MTV was the first to turn to garbage for entertainment, but we still had VH1 which continued to show videos and other awesome stuff like Behind the Music. Then VH1 said, boy we should be like MTV and show shitty reality TV stuff too, but we will one up them by getting people no one has heard of in like 15 years and cramming them into a house and watching them get drunk.




What happened to music videos? They used to be so awesome and actually made a song even better when it had and awesome video too. In honor of those days, I give you my top five (There are a lot more, but I just rattled off my 5 faves cause it was easy) music videos of all time. These Videos were either generally awesome, innovative, or well just plain funny.

1. Snoop Dogg - What's my Name

Some of you remember this video as the dog morphing video and that is the only reason it is on my list. It was innovative because it was the first video I could remember where computers were used to change humans into dogs and would just go running around town. Admit it, you have thought about being a dog and doing that same thing. imagine the possibilities, biting your crappy neighbor, humping anything you wanted to without consequence, getting your food brought to you, chasing things, it would be awesome.

2. A-Ha - Take on Me

I love this video and song. innovative on a crazy level for the 80's with the drawings turned into real people and vice versa. The crazy synthesizer riff that everyone knows and of course the super high note where the guy must have been kicked in the balls to get that high. "In a day or TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
3. Van Halen - Jump

Only one reason I put this on my list, watching stupid David Lee Roth Jump off of crap in super slow motion. Go ahead and jump Mr. Roth, and please make sure that it is in slow motion off of anything and everything you find on stage.

4. Chris Isaak - Wicked Game

Black and White, Helena Christenson half-naked, ocean beach, just a plain sexy video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oaHHrNQVrg

5. Beastie Boys - Sabotage

The Chief, Bunny, The rookie. Just a hilarious video, making fun of old 70's cop shows. Watch for yourself. Also an awesome song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkw0e0Jcn9A&feature=fvst

2 comments:

  1. YES!! A nice return to the land o' the blog, with one of our great discussions... the music video. So weird, I was just pondering in my head on my drive home yesterday how MTV can get away with being "Music Television". It certainly isn't about the music AT ALL anymore. I could understand if they branched off into a differently labeled network, something like "Shitty People Forced to Live with Each Other, Dramatically Channel" or something, but the "Music Television" moniker has got to go.

    Also, Nathan Wind as Cochese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benny. I love following your blog. So insightful.

    I'd like to add this music video to the mix:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NVQ0iao0g

    One of my favorites.

    Go Brewers.

    bk

    ReplyDelete